Painted Rug DIY


So I bought this rug from IKEA for $15 and I knew it was dying for a makeover.
Gotta love IKEA

So I  got a little inspiration from the internet and one of my favorite stores West Elm. Since I couldn't afford to buy a $200 rug, I thought I'd make my own.

Such a cute pattern! Who wouldn't want to see this everyday.
So basically, I created a shape from this pattern above and printed out a few copies. I then made about 1 5 cutouts of the shape so that I could lay them out all over my IKEA rug and paint around them. I ended up using masking tape to just tape down the shape in every corner and I used regular wall paint to paint the pattern on the rug since I knew it would be the most durable and was easier for me to use than spray paint.
Here's the shape I used
On the left is my process and on the right is the finished rug
I painted this rug about a month ago and it still looks great. The paint hasn't chipped or come off at all. When I did the project it took about 24 hours for the rug to dry completely so we had to keep honey from crawling all over it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment