DIY: Ombre Jeans


      Over the summer I saw a lot of DIY's for destroyed denim shorts. They came in so many styles and varieties and I just never had the shorts to do a project on. Now that it's fall patterned, colored, destroyed and bleached jeans have been trending. I wanted to create a pair of jeans similar to the ombre jean styles I saw over the summer so I created this DIY to share with you.

Inspiration:

Revolve

Topshop

Step 1:

Grab some jeans and bleach



Step 2: 

Fill an awesome bucket up with pure bleach. We tested it out using a water bleach mixture but it just took a really long time and didn't produce great effects so I recommend just using pure bleach.  I ended up just putting my bucket into my bathtub which meant I didn't make a mess or bleach anything important. If you can go outside and do it though that's probably a good idea. 



Step 3:

Put your jeans in to right below the knee and soak them all the way through, while doing this your should run some bleach up higher on the jeans just by getting it on your hands and squeezing your way up the legs. This will create a more ombre effect and you won't get a straight line across them.

*Note: You're going to have to leave your jeans in the bleach for about a half an hour or more before you'll see any big changes.


Step 4:

Once your jeans have reached your desired amount of ombre effect you can take them out. Rinse them with warm water and then give them a good wash with detergent. You could be lazy and run them through the washer but I don't have enough quarters for that. Also! Be sure you wear gloves at all times when touching the bleach directly because it can really damage your hands.


Step 5: 

Now that your jeans are washed and bleached just let them hang dry and then you can wear them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment