DIY: Ombre Spray Painted Shirt



So I went to Goodwill the other day and bought this lovely white button down shirt. It was just the right length and totally my style but I noticed it had a few small stains and snags in it which is obviously why it was at Goodwill. I got to thinking I could probably dip dye the shirt and turn it into something totally new and awesome but when I got home I decided to just spray paint it. Spray paint stays on clothes and doesn't wash out as easily as dye. Here's how I got this look above:


Step 1: Lay your shirt out

I laid my shirt out on a ratty piece of cardboard we use for spray paint and put some foam board in the middle so it wouldn't bleed through and have the front get stuck to the back.


Step 2: Spray away

That's all you have to do, starting at the bottom work your way up the shirt making sure the bottom is the darkest. You'll get a lot of spray everywhere so you don't have to move very far up the shirt. Make sure you move the arms out of the way too if you don't want them painted.


Step 3: Flip it over

Now flip over your shirt and repeat on the backside. Use the foam board inside as a guide for how high you want to spray that way both sides come out relatively even.



Step 4: Enjoy the finished product



0 comments:

Post a Comment