DIY: Kitschy Cupcake Ornament


I saw a DIY for ornaments similar to these a while back and decided to give it a try. I put my own spin on it adding lots of glitter and sparkle. To make these you will need:

  • Foil cupcake liners
  • White tissue paper
  • Elmer's glue
  • Beads
  • Glitter
  • 2' Styrofoam balls
  • A skewer or knitting needle
  • Hot Glue
  • String
  • Paintbrush




Step 1: Paint glue onto your styrofoam ball


Place one of your styrofoam balls onto a knitting needle or skewer and paint regular white glue onto the whole thing so it's totally covered. Then roll the glued ball in your "fake snow" made up of tiny pieces of tissue paper you've cut and glitter. Do this until the ball is covered. I also shook some glitter on the ball after I rolled it in the mixture just to get a little extra sparkle.
Step 2: Hot glue ball to liner
Get your glue gun hot and start attaching the ball to the cupcake liners. Make sure you put glue in the bottom and sides of the liner and then stick the ball into the liner. Once your snowball is attached and cooled cut a small loop of string (I used yarn) and attach it with hot glue to the cupcake, then glue a bead on top. This way your ornament can hang from your tree. I also hot glued some small cylindrical beads onto some of my cupcakes to look like sprinkles. Now you're all set! An easy little cupcake for your tree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment